The "F" word: fibre

Hey folks, fellow IBS-sufferers and friends!

I'd like to share a good audio resource for our personal foodsmapping (still trying to come up with a better word that includes beverages in the idea, see post 1): The Gut Loving Podcast, with Laura Tilt and Huelya Akyuez. They've just done an episode on the "F" word, by which, of course, they mean

F I B R E



Along with protein, this represents some challenges. For instance, those who try to follow FODMAP diets, may have been encouraged to try lentils, quinoa, ground linseed. For me, these number among the most clear triggers of my discomfort (jumping off the discomfort scale onto the pains-scale!). But as GLP emphasise, it is important to keep our eyes set on moving on from elimination phases to reintroduction phases. For instance, I am not at all sure that cooked apple or onion have even the slightest effect on me. They're up for reintroduction soon now I have hit my 62kg goal (I wasn't prepared to move onto experimentation before I'd put some weight back on).

Anyway, my feedback to GLP was apparently of some interest to the hosts and they are looking to interview some IBS sufferers for their show, so you may find me over there at some point to share my confused and unresolved journey!

Oh yes, fibre, well I simply don't yet know enough about it, but I do know that I am getting some through the cereals I can eat, like polenta and oats, cooked nuts (walnuts, some blanched almonds) and the veggies and fruit I eat (although I have reduced fruit a bit). I've also been trying some black rice instead of white or wholemeal (really don't love wholemeal), which has substantially higher values according to the packagings I have looked at.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope despite suffering: mining my "failed" faith healing for a deeper perspective and connection

Carbs!

Yeti orange Icepops !!!